Monday, August 12, 2013

Why Suffering and Pain.....What If.



 Why Suffering and Pain.....What If...

I was talking to my mother on the phone who has been battling cancer for years to learn the new medicine is not helping much and that she has not been feeling well.  After hanging up, I ask, why should a good person and a great mom have to go through this.  I don’t understand!

Then a thought occurred to me.  I have no scripture for this, but just a thought, so I called it “What If”

For me to understand things I have to relate it to things I know, which are business and education. 

A good manager knows their employees.  They know who to delegate specific job tasks to.  Who will get the job done and who is not capable of successfully completing a job task.  

Good managers know which employees are best suited for each specific job and delegates accordingly to maximize the skills of each employee.  

A good instructor knows which students want to succeed and will push them to reach their full potential.  The student may feel it’s unfair, overworked, wonder “why should I work harder”...but the instructor never gives up or allows the student to settle for mediocrity.  

While the student feels overworked, the instructor knows something the student doesn’t.  The instructor knows that the student will reap the reward of a successful career.  Regardless of the obstacles set in front of them, who surrounds them, what challenges they face, they have the desire and the will to succeed.  And with the instructor’s help, they will succeed in their career.    

What if God is like a manager or instructor?

Looking at each situation like a big business deal.  Carefully and wisely analyzing the situation and determining who is the best person for the job at hand.  You may be saying like me, cancer, suffering, and pain.....what kind of job is that!  What if the job is not for those dying, but those who live.  The one suffering is sacrificing the pain so others can adjust and cope with the situation.  Maybe those living could not handle a sudden loss of a loved one.  What if those who die suddenly could not have carried the weight and handled the suffering and pain of dying slow.

We all know that our days are numbered on earth, but how we go is unknown.  

I lost a brother to a sudden death and that was hard to endure.  What if God looked at the job and determined that my brother could not endure the suffering and pain to leave us slow.  Or one of us could not bare to watch him suffer.

What if you are the chosen one, the one who God trusts to get the job done correctly, the best person for the job task, and the one who doesn't know it yet, but who is going to receive a reward that can’t even be imagined.   Perhaps, you’re the one who has to watch someone leave you suddenly or the one who has to endure the pain before you go.   

I still hope for a miracle that my Mom will conquer cancer, but it has been a long hard battle for her.  

You’ve been a great Mom, leader in my life, and set a stellar example for us to follow.  I can’t imagine life without you.  What if you, Mom, are the chosen one, the one who God knew he could count to fight the battle and bare the pain, the best employee for the job, the student eager to succeed,  the one with wide shoulders to carry the weight and endure the pain.....because I am not able to see you suddenly leave me?   I want to say thank you and I love you Mom....and not what if, but I know your rewards are going to be great and beyond comprehension.  

Whether you fight this battle and conquer cancer or the fight is too big and can’t be won, know that you are a winner and a champion and that you helped God’s plan work just the way he wanted it to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment